21 ways an Aussie expat can tell they’re apropos British
June 10, 2016 - garden totes
There is always a time in your knowledge as an Aussie expat in a UK when we start to put your origins behind we and turn a partial of a internal British community. You forget that ‘the arvo’ is indeed conspicuous ‘this afternoon’, we have adaptor plugs for an Australia powerpoint, and we know how to brew a disagreeable Pimm’s during a picnic.
To assistance we work out if you’ve creation a transition from Aussie ocker to British blue blood, we’ve identified a 21 surest ways we can tell you’re apropos a Pom.
1. You widespread Marmite instead of Vegemite on your toast in a mornings.
2. You have a soothing mark for England in competition (except a Ashes. Never a Ashes)
3. A forcast heat of 20 degress or above is evident means to strike Facebook and rally adult a cruise on a Common!
4. You’ve barbequed in a rain, in an aluminium foil tray, and really enjoyed it.
5. You’ve ditched a Country Road receptacle bag for something a tiny classier. Longchamp, perhaps?
6. You indeed know what’s in a Pimms cocktail and can even make it for your guest on those 20 grade days.
7. It’s Tipex, not White-out or Liquid Paper
8. You’ve learnt it’s quicker to travel between Leicester Square and Covent Garden than locate a tube.
9. You dress for 4 seasons in a day, and never leave a residence but an powerful (only to leave it on a train).
10. Thongs turn flip flops, since a difficulty during work only isn’t value it.
11. Walking down Oxford Street on a Saturday afternoon is no longer sightseeing or Monopoly, it’s woe to be avoided during all costs.
12. A energy adaptor is no longer required for each apparatus we own. Even worse, we buy an Aussie adaptor on a approach home for that Christmas visit.
13. Your nightly repair of Home and Away or Neighbours has finally been transposed by Coronation Street or East Enders.
14. You stop cutting difference since no one knows what you’re going on about. It’s “this afternoon”, not “the arvo”.
15. You’ve supposed that Hungry Jacks is Burger King, nonetheless observant it still doesn’t sound right.
16. No chocolate compares to Galaxy chocolate … not even Darrell Lea.
17. You don’t travel into Argos and consternation where all of a products are anymore. Catalogue selling has been an establishment in your life for some time now.
18. When it comes to airports, you’ve satisfied Gatwick is a approach to go. Whilst Heathrow competence have all a shops, and Stansted caters for all your budgeting needs, plcae and ride palliate keeps we going back to good ol’ Gatwick when engagement those inexpensive European flights.
19. You’ve schooled that wine during bars comes in dual sizes: tiny and large. You automatically mention vast — bucket size, preferably.
20. You now know because your English colleagues and friends give we humorous looks when we contend ‘pants’ instead of ‘trousers’.
21. You contend ‘time’, not ‘toyme’. And we have finally mislaid that Australian doubt intonation during a finish of your sentences and now have a poetic symphonic lilt… and your friends give we heaps for it when we get behind home.